Monday, November 10, 2008

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer


It is no surprise that Twilight is the first book that I will talk about. This book came out about three years ago, but this year in 2008 is when this book really hit it big. Go to any high school, any middle school, and every girl and even every guy that you talk to knows about Twilight.

A classic love story resembling Romeo and Juliet, Bella Swan and Edward Cullen are falling madly in love. There is only one problem though, Edward is a vampire. He's not just a normal vampire, and neither is his family. They are what they call themselves "vegetarians." That means that they don't "bite" humans.

The story with Bella is that she is falling for the most dangerous creature that she could possibly fall for, and Edward is falling for her, too. They know they can't be together but that doesn't stop them from falling in love. Now in this first book of this amazing series, some other vampire wants Bella as well. But they want her for dinner...

Stephenie Meyer is what most people call the American J.K. Rowling and I am starting to think that she is. Her books are long, but like the Harry Potter series, they read smoothly and you never want to put them down. If you are a girl and you haven't read Twilight yet, I suggest you read it now. Especially before the movie version comes out, which looks just us promising with up and coming actors, Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart. The movie comes out in theaters November 21.

4 comments:

+ alexis said...

I love Twilight too! I am so excited to see the movie. (:

Melissa =) said...

I've heard of Twilight but I've never gotten to read about it. I'm pretty interested in the book but I still haven't gotten a chance to buy the book. I'm hoping I can watch the movie soon. =)

RaulA said...

Great pictures and I knew you had to do something on books. Many people are too distracted by electronics to actually read and increase our intelligence. Hope you add some new books soon.

Ms.Palaciofav.student.Kyndra said...

Twilight is great! you should go see the movie next weekend at aventura!!!!