Monday, November 10, 2008

The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follet


Now just to warn you, this isn't a story suitable for children under the age of 14. Whether you read it or not it is up to you. Reader Discretion Advised.


Now with that over and done with, I am here to talk about this amazing book. I read this book about a year ago and I don't remember much. The only reason I am talking about it now is because I am reading the sequel, World Without End.


The story starts out with Kingsbridge Priory, an old priory in a small town in the fourteenth century. The Prior of Kingsbridge, Prior Phillip, needs to find a way to raise money or the priory would have to close. The adventure follows him and other people that in the beginning have nothing to do with one another but in the end have to depend on each other for their survival...


This book, though extremely long, is one of the best reads that I have had in a long time. The story never lulls and there is always enough action to keep you going. With love, war, crime, betrayal, loyalty, friendship, and family, this story has everything that it takes to make an amazing novel. Published over 20 years ago this book has become one of my favorites.


P.S. World Without End is living up to the Pillars of the Earth. Then again I am only on page 60 and I need about 950 more pages to go. Wish me luck!!

No comments: