Thursday, December 24, 2009

Stormbreaker by Anthony Horowitz


Okay, I have no idea what was going through Horowitz's mind when he was writing Evil Star but it was definitely not the genius that inspired the character of Alex Rider. The Alex Rider series is so different from Evil Star that I feel like I'm reading a book by a completely different author. Stormbreaker sucked me in and I finished this book within a day, completely and utterly breathless. I was just about to give up on Horowitz but I found some strength in me to pick up this book and I am so happy that I did.


Alex Rider is a kid that I am now in love with, and this is coming from someone who is in a healthy relationship with a real human being. The way he is extremely courageous and daring all because he is practically being blackmailed into doing it. Sure he has no choice in being chosen as an M16 spy but he could very easily stink at his job but he doesn't. He has that knack for getting into the right kind of trouble, something that I have always admired about characters and dreamed that I had myself. It is people like Alex Rider and Nancy Drew that first inspired me to become a detective, a job I would easily do if I wasn't such a chicken. If you're a teenager, especially a guy, pick up the Alex Rider series. They are a great action adventure right next to any of James Patterson's Pageturners.


P.S. It's Christmas Eve so I would like to say MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY HANUKKAH, HAPPY KWANZAA, and whatever other holiday you are celebrating this holiday season!!!

No comments: