Thursday, December 10, 2009

Angels and Demons by Dan Brown


Okay, I know I haven't written in a while but the busy schedule of a super involved student is to blame. But throughout this whole time, I tried to read Angels and Demons and when I finally finished I was amazed. Dan Brown amazed me once again with such a page turning thriller that I could hardly put it down. It is thanks to this book that I have become an amazing multitasker. Robert Langon is seriously pulled into the strangest situations that any person can be put into and while The Lost Symbol, the sequel to The DaVinci Code, is still not on my bookshelf I'm sure that adventure is just as strange and definitely not boring. The twist and turns that Brown takes you through tend to surprise you and the way he uses religion and real life facts to make story into ficiton is amazing. Obviously, if this book was based on true events, it would be a work of nonfiction but it is clearly fiction so that is how everyone should read it. I offer the same advice that I did with The DaVinci Code, read it with an open mind and just to have fun. If you are truly strong in your faith you would not have a problem with this book. At least you shouldn't. Anyway, this book is a lot less offensive to the Catholic church, it actually shines both Catholicism and Science in a positive light, but that's only if you truly analyze the book. At first glance, it looks like the book is completely against the church.


All controversies but aside, I truly did love this book. For everyone out there who likes a great thriller please pick up this book and read it. It is truly amazing.

No comments: